Every business, big or small, sets out with one objective in mind: success. In order to reach that objective, businesses have to set clear, definable objectives that can be measured to see if they are in fact on track.
The common thread that seems to be visible in every successful company is their ability to set individual objectives for employee and have them conform to the overall strategy of the company.
Rather than being seen as a list of demands from the employer, setting objectives should be done as collaboration between employee and manager. This is usually done via a framework referred to as S-M-A-R-T.
- Specific – The objective put forward should all be very specific in detail. That means letting the employee know exactly what it expected and in what timeframe.
- Measurable – Set milestones so that you can track the progress of each employee, motivating and rewarding them accordingly.
- Attainable – Keeping objectives within reach is the key to success. Setting them too high or too low can lead to employee disillusionment.
- Relevant – Choose objectives that are important and which will have a real impact on company strategy.
- Time-bound – Set a clear timetable for the achievement of the objective, but don’t set it so far out that other, insignificant details end up getting in the way of progress.
Objectiveli enforces the setting of SMART Objectives. (1) Objectives can be only set from a Goal or another Objective, establishing relevance. (2) Objectiveli breaks the description of the objective from the specific measurable results. (3) Objectiveli enforces the filling of a target date. (4) Objectiveli also allows for assigning objectives to another person with a frequency of update.
Objectiveli is a software application which manages goals and objectives, from setting, to managing and tracking them. Objectiveli is designed so that its easy to share and get opinions of the team, by bringing them in as observers and stakeholders.
Objectiveli; Driving Outcomes that matter, fulfilling your Goals and Objectives, instead of losing focus; managing day-to-day emergencies and “things to do”.For a limited time Objectiveli is offering its application for free, signup from their website at http://objectiveli.com.